The Journeyman Plumber is responsible for daily work at sites, including own travel arrangements and on-time start of work. Work includes plumbing and heating systems, which includes coordination, installation and repair of sanitary, storm, water, oil and gas fixtures and equipment for plumbing systems and heating and cooling equipment systems for heating work. Applicant should be able to read and understand blueprints, communicate effectively with all other persons on the job-site, including our sub-contractors, and represent TP Mechanical Contractors in a professional manner. Applicant should also be able to accept direction and/or lead and delegate the work if necessary.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Manage materials to ensure timely completion of the work scheduled. Ensures optimal material consumption.
- As an on-site representative of TP Mechanical, develops relationships of trust and confidence that build lasting confidence in TP Mechanical to perform on future jobs, with repeat business being a significant part of the company business base. Ensures the needs of general contractors, owners and other customers as well as entrusted employees are met.
- Participates in the project management process by assisting project manager and superintendent with problems or questions regarding assigned projects in an accurate and timely manner. Builds trust and cooperation. Keeps the superintendent or project manager aware of all issues affecting production, schedule, cost and relationships.
- Serves as a coach by monitoring lower echelon mechanic and helper production and quality workmanship. Continually provides training in areas needing improvements to ensure quality, production and safety. Focuses on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions. Coaches personnel to focus on job-site training.
- Attends, if needed, all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects. Is well prepared to handle issues that may come up. Fills out all forms, revisions, requests for tools/equipment/material that are required for each project.
- Strengthens skills to encourage improvement in other plumbers or fitters. Emphasizes commitment to continually improve company procedures and processes by the use and development of measurements, analysis and subsequent changes to procedures in the best interests of the company.
- Reads blueprints and interprets specifications. Plans work to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources. Work performance is completed timely. Inspects work in progress and completed work to ensure conformance to contract and specification. Performs field fabrication of plumbing and piping systems and sets up the specific task or job schedule. Makes adjustments to work sequences to meet construction schedules, using his knowledge of equipment and lower level personnel capacities. Corrects punch-list items and makes distribution as required.