A Sheet Metal Journeyman is responsible for daily work at sites of TP Mechanical, including own travel arrangements and on-time start of work. Work includes all types of sheet metal. Individual should be able to read and understand blueprints, communicate effectively with all other persons on the job-site, including our sub-contractors, and represent TP Mechanical in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Able to layout and install sheet metal and/or duct systems.
- Reads blueprints and interprets specifications.
- Installs hangars or supports for systems.
- Assists with the assembly and installation of H.V.A.C equipment as necessary.
- Keeps equipment in good working order and insures proper and timely maintenance is performed on equipment
- Follows all OSHA and TP Mechanical standards for safety. Keeps work area clear of unnecessary clutter and performs routine clean-up as needed.
- Offloading deliveries and loading truck at job sites.
At least 1 year(s)
- Minimum 1year experience of sheet metal/HVAC field operations.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of general sheet metal and HVAC installation
- Working knowledge of all hand and power tools
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and productivity
- Basic math skills
- High School or GED equivalent
- Eyesight correctable to 20/50
- Able to perform shift work
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60lbs
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (513) 851-0612 Attn: HR/Sheet Metal.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.