A Project Manager oversees entire projects to which he/she is assigned. Works with other departments to ensure all jobs are completed timely and profitably. Developing relationships with customers both internally and externally to promote TP Mechanical and the Project Management Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Responsible for the overall profitability of their projects. Ensures proper timelines and all requirements are met for all projects. Ensures billing, change orders, collections, etc. are completed timely for each project. Keeps the management staff up-to-date on all project issues.
- Reviews job cost, job status, manpower and change order reports to provide analysis on a monthly basis. Conducts regular/monthly job cost reviews to accurately reflect project profitability and status of all project issues.
- Communicates and troubleshoots with project superintendents, construction managers and General Contractors. Also, communicates effectively with all project managers, administrative assistants and other departments through meetings, memos, e-mails, etc.
- Coordinates proper manpower and equipment for each job.
- Oversees the buyout process, job-closeouts and project change orders for all projects.
- Conducts/attends weekly job-site visits and job meetings.
- Ensures proper job setup, contract review, estimated costs and schedule of values are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates project manager reports and attends project management meetings as appropriate.
- For each project: tracks submittals, generates purchase orders and negotiates subcontracts and purchases.
At least 5 years
- Minimum 5 years commercial plumbing/mechanical experience
- 1 year of prior project management experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of general plumbing and piping installation
- Good math ability
- Good basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- General accounting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Journeyman Plumber license or equivalent experience
- Capable of climbing off/on equipment and ladders
- Able to walk job sites
- Valid Driver’s License
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com or fax to (513) 851-0612 Attn: HR/Project Manager.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.