The Fire Protection Designer needs to have the ability to produce fire protection design drawings and calculations for permitting and construction. Develops relationships, both inside and outside of the company, that promote TP Mechanical and the fire protection design group in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Designs fire protection systems utilizing architect generated dimensions and structural backgrounds. Identifies and resolves all elements affecting coordination and communicates any outstanding issues.
- Performs hydraulic calculations as required.
- Completes stock listing for fabrication shop as required.
- Reviews all design drawings in detail before fabrication.
- Creates design drawing schedules in conjunction with the project manager for permit and fabrication schedule.
- Reviews all design documents prior to submittal for permit and architect/engineer review. Stamps and signs all design documents prior to submittal (NICET/State certification required).
- Attends project meetings and job-site visits, as needed.
- Documents and advises all parties of any discrepancies, unclear intent or missing information that will affect coordination or design intent.
- Communicates with the field foremen throughout the design process, making notes of any necessary changes made as a result of coordination.
- Reviews submittals for size, quantity and design to ensure they meet engineer requirements, will fit in available space, and are compatible with equipment purchased from other vendors.
At least 3 years
- Minimum 10 years fire protection design experience in fire protection systems
- NICET III/State certification required
- 10hr OSHA certification
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- AutoCAD experience and third party software training
- HydraCAD software experience
- BIM (Navisworks) experience
- General knowledge of NFPA codes
- Competent math ability
- Good basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Training or classes in CAD is preferred
- Capable of climbing on/off equipment and ladders
- Ability to walk job sites
- Valid Driver’s License
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com Attn: HR/FP Designer.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.