Develops and creates CAD/Revit drawings as needed and directed by the VDC Manager. Has the abilities to Lead BIM Coordination projects, build coordination models, create coordination schedules, and lead the clash detection in all trade’s coordination meetings. Works with other departments to help ensure all jobs are completed timely and profitably. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical Contractors and the BIM Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates mechanical room systems drawings utilizing architect generated dimensions and structural backgrounds. Identifies and resolves all elements affecting coordination and notes any outstanding issues.
- Identifies systems that will be prefabricated, labeling all elements of these systems and prepares necessary reports and sketches. Modifies coordination drawings so field superintendent can readily identify these systems.
- Creates BIM Models using Navisworks Manage.
- Document and advise all parties of any discrepancies, unclear intent or missing information that will affect mechanical room coordination.
- Works closely with the field superintendent during coordination meeting, making notes of any changes made because of coordination. Also, works with the superintendent to locate wall, slab, and roof openings, especially those in poured walls.
- Review submittals for size, quantity and design ensuring they meet engineer requirements, fit in available space, and are compatible with equipment purchased from other vendors.
- Revises coordination drawings as needed, clouding, and numbering any subsequent revisions and ensures all appropriate parties receive copies of the revisions.
- Reviews architectural, structural, and mechanical contract drawings as well as the mechanical specifications becoming familiar with the design and elements of the systems being detailed for fabrication.
- Is knowledgeable in all piping systems, best practices.
- Follows equipment submittals, installation manuals, and company standards when drawing and detailing equipment layouts.
- Reviews all addenda making sure all drawings reflect changes. Reconciles size and quantities of equipment before it is released.
- Keeps in touch with the project manager and superintendent regarding issues affecting the job.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum 5 years CAD/Revit experience in plumbing and mechanicals
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- AutoCAD/Revit and third-party software training
- Navisworks Manage experience
- Hydronic knowledge of all piping systems
- Good math ability
- Good basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Training or classes in CAD/Revit is preferred
- Capable of climbing off/on equipment and ladders
- Ability to walk job sites
- Valid Driver’s License
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com Attn: HR/CAD_MER Detailer.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.