Develops and creates CAD/Revit drawings as needed and directed by the VDC Manager/Lead Coordinator. Works on projects under the direction of the Lead Coordinator. Have a good attitude and is eager to learn. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical Contractors and the BIM Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Creates mechanical systems drawings utilizing architect generated dimensions and structural backgrounds under the supervision of the Lead BIM Coordinator/VDC Manager.
- Attends all trades clash coordination meetings and makes changes to 3d model.
- Document and advise all parties of any discrepancies, unclear intent or missing information that will affect coordination.
- Works closely with the Lead BIM Coordinator during coordination meeting, making any changes to 3d models required from coordination meetings.
- Works closely with the field superintendent during coordination meeting, making notes of any changes made because of coordination. Also, works with the superintendent to locate wall, slab, and roof openings, especially those in poured walls.
- Review submittals for size, quantity and design ensuring they meet engineer requirements, fit in available space, under the supervision of the Lead BIM Coordinator.
- Revises coordination drawings as needed, clouding, and numbering any subsequent revisions under the direction of the Lead BIM Coordinator.
- Creates a key plan that shows how the building will be broken into ¼” scale drawings. This plan will estimate how long it will take to coordinate each area or drawing under supervision of the Lead Coordinator.
- Reviews architectural, structural, and mechanical contract drawings as well as the mechanical specifications becoming familiar with the design and elements of the system.
- Reviews all addenda making sure all drawings reflect changes. Reconciles size and quantities of equipment before it is released.
- All other duties as assigned.
Revit: 5 years preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- AutoCAD/Revit fundamental software training.
- AutoCAD/Revit and third-party software training.
- Navisworks Manage Experience
- Hydronic knowledge of all piping systems.
- Good math ability.
- Good basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Training or classes in CAD/Revit is preferred.
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org fax to (513) 851-0612 Attn: HR/BIM Coordinator.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.