The Assistant Project Manager oversees entire projects to which he/she is assigned. Works with other departments to ensure all jobs are completed timely and profitably. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical and the Project Management Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Assists project manager to ensure proper timelines and all requirements are met for all projects. Helps with billing, change orders, collections, etc. to ensure timely completion. Keeps the management staff up-to-date on all project issues.
- Reviews job cost, job status, manpower and change order reports to provide analysis on a monthly basis with project manager/project management team. Attends regular/monthly job cost reviews to accurately reflect project profitability and status of all project issues.
- Communicates and troubleshoots with project manager, project superintendents, construction managers and General Contractors. Also, communicates effectively with all project managers, administrative assistants and other departments through meetings, memos, e-mails, etc.
- Assists with coordination proper manpower and equipment for each job.
- Conducts/attends weekly job-site visits and job meetings.
- Assists with proper job setup and contract review. Helps to ensure that estimated costs and schedule of values are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates project manager reports and attends project management meetings as appropriate.
- For each project: tracks submittals, generates purchase orders and negotiates subcontracts and purchases.
Minimum of 3 years
- Minimum of 3 years commercial plumbing/mechanical experience and/or related educational background.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of general plumbing and piping installation.
- Good math ability and general accounting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- General computer skills.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Construction Management Degree a PLUS
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com fax to (513) 851-0612 Attn: HR/Cols Admin Assistant.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.