The Accounting Specialist works with Controller and CFO to handle general accounting functions, including integration of accounting software, analysis and reconciliation of accounts between the different software. This position will also be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and reporting of company’s Service division’s financial numbers. The person in this position must be able to work well with relationships inside the company and represent the Accounting Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also includes:
- Perform various reconciliations between imported data and accounting software.
- Perform billings to customers and entering vendor invoices.
- Process reimbursements and subcontract invoices.
- Perform job cost reviews of various Service contracts including proper revenue recognition and inclusion of all job costs.
- Analyze various accounts between software for accuracy and make appropriate adjustments if necessary.
- Maintain, develop, analyze and report job costing on a monthly basis.
- Become proficient in Perfectware and Computer Ease Software.
Contracting business or accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
Prior employment with a commercial contractor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years experience in contracting business or accounting.
- Prior Employment with a Commercial plumbing/mechanical Contractor a plus
- Prior Employment with a Service Contractor a plus
- Perfectware Software or Computer Ease Accounting knowledge helpful
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with and communicate effectively with field and management personnel on a professional level.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent.
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 70 years!
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: HR/Accounting.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.