Responsible for daily service work. Work includes plumbing and heating systems, which includes coordination, installation and repair of sanitary, storm, water, oil and gas fixtures and equipment for plumbing systems and heating and cooling equipment systems for heating work. Able to read and understand blueprints, communicate effectively on the job-site with co-workers and sub-contractors, and represent TP Mechanical Contractors in a professional manner. Able to accept direction and/or lead and delegate work, if necessary.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Manage materials to ensure timely completion of the work scheduled. Ensures optimal material consumption.
- As an on-site representative of TP Mechanical, develops relationships of trust and confidence that build lasting confidence in TP Mechanical to perform on future jobs, with repeat business being a significant part of the company business base. Ensures the needs of general contractors, owners and other customers as well as entrusted employees are met.
- Serves as a possible coach by monitoring mechanic and helper production and quality workmanship. Continually provides training in areas needing improvements to ensure quality, production and safety. Focuses on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions. Coaches personnel to focus on job-site training.
- Attends, if needed, all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects. Is well prepared to handle issues that may come up. Fills out all forms, revisions, requests for tools/equipment/material that are required for each project.
- Emphasizes commitment to continually improve company procedures and processes by the use and development of measurements, analysis and subsequent changes to procedures in the best interests of the company.
- Reads blueprints and interprets specifications. Plans work to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources. Work performance is completed timely. Inspects work in progress and completed work to ensure conformance to contract and specification. Performs field fabrication of plumbing and piping systems and sets up the specific task or job schedule. Makes adjustments to work sequences to meet construction schedules, using his knowledge of equipment and lower level personnel capacities. Corrects punch-list items and makes distribution as required.
- Follows up with customers for quality assurance purposes and ensures customers are 100% satisfied.
- Dependable and able to work in emergency situations when called.
- Available 24-hour as required and fills out the corresponding paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- All other duties as assigned.