The Purchasing Clerk is responsible for compiling information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical Contractors and represents the organization in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Enters pricing for daily orders.
- Prices stock material and records into job cost.
- All other duties as assigned