The Fire Protection Project Manager oversees entire projects to which he/she is assigned. Works with other departments to ensure all jobs are completed timely and profitably. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical Contractors and the Project Management Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Responsible for the overall profitability of their projects. Ensures proper timelines and all requirements are met for all projects. Ensures billing, change orders, collections, etc. are completed timely for each project. Keeps the management staff up-to-date on all project issues.
- Reviews job cost, job status, manpower and change order reports to provide analysis on a monthly basis. Conducts regular/monthly job cost reviews to accurately reflect project profitability and status of all project issues.
- Communicates and troubleshoots with project superintendents, construction managers and General Contractors. Also, communicates effectively with all project managers, administrative assistants and other departments through meetings, memos, e-mails, etc.
- Coordinates proper manpower and equipment for each job.
- Oversees the buyout process, job-closeouts and project change orders for all projects.
- Conducts/attends weekly job-site visits and job meetings.
- Ensures proper job setup, contract review, estimated costs and schedule of values are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates project manager reports and attends project management meetings as appropriate.
- For each project: tracks submittals, generates purchase orders and negotiates subcontracts and purchases.