The Assistant Project Manager oversees entire projects to which he/she is assigned. Works with other departments to ensure all jobs are completed timely and profitably. Develops relationships both inside and outside of the company that promote TP Mechanical and the Project Management Department in a professional manner.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Assists project manager to ensure proper timelines and all requirements are met for all projects. Helps with billing, change orders, collections, etc. to ensure timely completion. Keeps the management staff up-to-date on all project issues.
- Reviews job cost, job status, manpower and change order reports to provide analysis on a monthly basis with project manager/project management team. Attends regular/monthly job cost reviews to accurately reflect project profitability and status of all project issues.
- Communicates and troubleshoots with project manager, project superintendents, construction managers and General Contractors. Also, communicates effectively with all project managers, administrative assistants and other departments through meetings, memos, e-mails, etc.
- Assists with coordination proper manpower and equipment for each job.
- Conducts/attends weekly job-site visits and job meetings.
- Assists with proper job setup and contract review. Helps to ensure that estimated costs and schedule of values are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generates project manager reports and attends project management meetings as appropriate.
- For each project: tracks submittals, generates purchase orders and negotiates subcontracts and purchases.